[tycho-user] Signing jars and P2

I'm having a discussion at ASF about how we could set up a signature
infrastructure, and I was hoping that Igor or someone could help me
understand some parameters.

Is it really required to sign the jars 'in the middle of the process'?
If I left signing out of the picture, and made a P2 repository, can I
then sign all the jars in plugins and features and achieve the desired
result?

Quite aside from the ASF, this to me suggests a slightly hackish
alternative to the lifecycle problem: a new that is built by
inheriting from the implementation of the jarsigner plugin. It's only
purpose is to not be in the standard lifecycle, so that the tycho
lifecycle could put it in the right place.

Back to the top