Re: [tycho-user] Default Target Platform is empty while launching Eclipse by Maven tests

I can understand your confusion,

The issue occurs when maven-osgi-test-plugin runs tests that create plugin projects in the workspace. These plugin projects are built using the PDE target Platform as defined in Windows>Preferences>PDE>Target Platform, which is set to an empty ${eclipse_home} in the test instance. Hence plugins generated by tests in the workspace cannot compile, causing tests to fail.

In order to understand this issue, I went into the target/work folder of an eclipse-test-plugin and run the following command-line, which is almost the same as the one started by maven-osgi-test-plugin:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.19/jre/bin/java -Dosgi.noShutdown=false -Dosgi.os=linux -Dosgi.ws=gtk -Dosgi.arch=x86 -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar /home/mistria/.m2/repository/p2/osgi/bundle/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher/1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher-1.1.1.R36x_v20101122_1400.jar -data /home/mistria/workspaceGMF/org.eclipse.gmf.tooling-root/tests/org.eclipse.gmf.tests/target/work/data -dev file:/home/mistria/workspaceGMF/org.eclipse.gmf.tooling-root/tests/org.eclipse.gmf.tests/target/dev.properties -configuration /home/mistria/workspaceGMF/org.eclipse.gmf.tooling-root/tests/org.eclipse.gmf.tests/target/work/configuration -application org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench

Then I could manipulate the test instance, and discover that my bundles created during tests could not be built because the target platform does not contain any bundle.

I'll try to create a sample test project today in order to show you concretely the issue.