[tycho-user] Artifacts from local mvn repository on java build path

I have two plugins A and B which both export the same package p but with
slightly different api. Then there is a plugin C which depends on package
p. I now need to compile C against A and C against B to see whether all
api used in C is met by both A and B. Therefore I set up features and
products including C and A (CA) or C and B (CB) respectively, strictly
separating A from B.

In C I intentionally use api provided by B only, expecting that the build
CA will fail. And to my surprise it doesn't if the build CB has been run before
so that B can be found in the local mvn repository. This means that in the
CA build C has been compiled against B, even though B is not referenced in
any pom nor feature etc. In the CA product build only C and A are included
as expected. This will lead to a runtime exception when C tries to access
the particular api not provided by package p in plugin A.

It seems that tycho adds plugins from the local mvn repository to the java
build path, that are not referenced in poms and features. I don't think it
should.

Is there any other way to tell tycho what should be on the java build
path?

Thanks for your help
Tom

Back to the top