[tycho-dev] No more Tycho

Hi Tycho devs,

with the recent changes, Tycho itself do not require Tycho anymore and also all former OSGi services where converted to plexus components and all test where convertet to plain JUnit/Plexus ones.

Some projects still carry OSGi manifests in their resources folders, but that might change in the future as well and these are more static ones so nothing one needs to specifically care about, PDE is no longer a nature for any Tycho project.

This finally makes it possible to use everything-everywhere and we likely can clean up some indirection introduced in the past. We might also think about how to split the code base into more better shaped modules.

While this is mostly invisible to our users, it will greatly simplify the development of new features.

best
Christoph

Back to the top