Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. September 2022 um 21:03 Uhr
Von: "Mickael Istria" <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Tycho developers list" <tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [tycho-dev] Vote: Require Java 17 for Tycho 3.0
+1.
My current experience with projects I migrated is that Java 17 allows to concretely achieve higher code quality and better maintainability as some patterns leave less room for errors and increase expressiveness. I also think that it's in the best interest of the world to encourage moving to newer Java versions and that since the version that runs Tycho is not correlated with the target version of what is built, it's not a big constraint to require Java 17 to build.
In general, devtools and build technologies are the best one to migrate forward; and lead the ecosystem.