Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho 2.0 approaching, please test snapshots ASAP before we start release process

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 12:13 PM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder if it would be a good idea to have an RC1 release with the
option to include further breaking changes?

RC doesn't add any value to a project if they're not matched with extra quality checks; and doing RCs definitely takes more effort than not doing them. So I'd vote for avoiding extra steps unless they are coming with clear added value.
If we add more breaking changes and want to emphasize them, we'll just move to 3.0.

Back to the top