Re: [tycho-dev] Prefer currently running Java as ExecutionEnvironment version instead of BREE ?

Okay I think I know what might be the source of confusion.

In Eclipse you can configure "Installed JREs" what are concrete installations (e.g. Java8u220), where one is the workspace default.

Then there are "Execution Environments" that Map one of those to be compatible or (if none is checked) assumes the workspace default.

In different places (for example "JRE System-Library", or target platform configuration) you can choose between
1) An "Execution Environment"
2) An "Installed JRE"
3) The Worspace default

But in the end this always maps to a "Installed JRE" installation, the EE is just an alias!

I don't know if "Installed JREs" or "Execution Environments" match Tychos toolchain (or a mixture ob both), but that doesn't matter much, in the end there is only one concrete JRE installation chosen regardless of settings of the bundle.

To summarize: If a target specified a JRE (either directly or indirectly) and a matching toolchain is available that should be used, otherwise the build-jre.

But all this only loosley relates to BundleRequiredExecutionEnvironment.