The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven 3.6.3
Apache Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project's build, reporting and documentation from a central piece of information.
Maven 3.6.3 is available via https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi
Maven is a software project management and comprehension tool. Based on the concept of a project object model (POM), Maven can manage a project’s build, reporting, and documentation from a central place.
The core release is independent of plugin releases. Further releases of plugins will be made separately.
If you have any questions, please consult:
- the web site: https://maven.apache.org/
- the maven-user mailing list: https://maven.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
- the reference documentation: https://maven.apache.org/ref/3.6.3/
Overview about the major changes
- This is a regression release to fix some critical issues shipped with 3.6.2.
- Some license issues on binary distribution have been fixed.
- This Maven distribution is now Reproducible: if you build from source archive, with JDK 8, on Windows, with 'mvn -DbuildNumber=cecedd343002696d0abb50b32b541b8a6ba2883f package' you’ll get bit-by-bit identical output that you can check with sha512 fingerprints.
If you’re building on any Unix system, you’ll need to add “-Dline.separator=$'\r\n'”. See the https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-reproducible-builds.html
for more details.
For more information read https://maven.apache.org/docs/3.6.3/release-notes.html
- The Maven Team