Re: [tycho-dev] New CI job tycho-build-with-maven-snapshots

Which gerrit jobs do run with maven 3.6.0?

Within the tycho-its/pom.xml file we set the used maven version explicitly to 3.0.5.

I changed this setting to 3.3.9 and the ITTest failed locally as expected.

Von: tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> Im Auftrag von Mickael Istria
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Mai 2019 09:20
An: Tycho developers list <tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [tycho-dev] New CI job tycho-build-with-maven-snapshots

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 8:03 AM SCHREIBER.Martin <Martin.SCHREIBER@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think it has something to do with the Maven Bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5452. As you can see in the comments in the Test class, maven used the local time zone and Tycho UTC and the test does read the maven build timestamp and converts it to UTC.

Since the new build job is using a maven version where the build timestamp is UTC, we should not concert from local timezone to UTC. In other words, the test is wrong for maven > v3.2.2.

Thanks.

I also thought about it initially, but since the Gerrit jobs run successfully with Maven 3.6.0, I thought it was probably not the root cause didn't try; but actually, it's still the most probable one...

I pushed a change https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/142408/ where the test does check which maven version is running and only converts to UTC if maven version is < 3.2.2.

Thanks, that's a good change anyway.

I just triggered https://ci.eclipse.org/tycho/job/tycho-build-with-maven-snapshots/17/ and hope it will turn it green.

Answer in a few minutes ;)