Re: [tycho-dev] [platform-releng-dev] 4.8.0 I-Build: I20180424-2000 - BUILDFAILED

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 10:37 AM, Sievers, Jan <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx> wrote:
as of now I think missing BREE means fallback to default BREE (which was recently changed to JavaSE-9 in Tycho 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT)

Do you have a pointer where can the following come up from?
Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:compile (default-compile) on project org.eclipse.ui.examples.navigator: Fatal error compiling: option -bootclasspath not supported at compliance level 9 and above -> [Help 1]
Looks like -bootclasspath is added by default in such cases but this is not compatible with the new default.

one could probably argue that useJDK=BREE along with a missing manifest BREE should be considered an error (or at least a warning)

I'm one of these :). Should I open a bug about this?

Regards
Jan