[tycho-dev] hard coded maven clean phase in tycho

Dear all,

I have detected a problem on Tycho that is linked to the hard coded clean phase.

In novembre 2015, I have written on it when I detected it when executing a “mvn site” [1]. This command raises an error since a clean was called by Tycho.

Jan Sievers sent me a link on the hard coded clean phase in Tycho [2].

Now we have exactly the same problem when trying to activate a profile on quality with sonar in official Papyrus-rt project [3]

The error is

[ERROR]   Missing requirement: org.eclipse.papyrusrt.profile.p2 raw:0.7.2.'SNAPSHOT'/format(n[.n=0;[.n=0;[-S]]]):0.7.2-SNAPSHOT requires 'org.eclipse.papyrusrt.umlrt.profile.feature.source.feature.group [0.7.2,0.7.3)' but it could not be found

<<

A few lines up we can see

<<

[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.6:clean (default-clean) @ org.eclipse.papyrusrt.profile.p2 ---

[INFO] Deleting /jobs/genie.papyrus-rt/papyrus-rt-quality/workspace/source/releng/profile/site/target

Would it be possible to remove this hard coded clean phase in Tycho ?

If people wants to clean, they use mvn clean?

For the version 0.25.0?

Thank for your comments

Francois

[1]: https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg06857.html