Re: [tycho-dev] Working on a software artifact repository

Hi,

I know that there are a few projects out there, commercially or open source, which also provide a software repository system.

So beside the fact that I want to build that solution using Java 8 and OSGi itself, which is a bigger task than one could think.

I have not dug down into all these repository systems. However, the main use case seems to be having a maven repository. Where I would like to have a multi purpose repository. Which is modular and extensible enough to support all kind if other formats as well.

Bringing in concepts of P2, APT, YUM, etc... to an already existing solution seems rather hard.

The truth is, there might be a solution out there like this. But I think this one can be of use as well.