Re: [tycho-dev] Tycho Extension with custom project type

Am 01.02.2014 um 19:01 schrieb Igor Fedorenko <igor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Instead custom packaging types, have you considered using
> maven-bundle-plugin [1]? This is my tool of choice when I need to
> "bundle-ize" maven artifacts.

Yes, that is used under the covers as well. I just needed a little bit more flexibility with regards to excludes/includes and other things. That’s why I extended it a bit and combined it with the dependencies plug-in to have better control over the OSGi artifact being created.

> Also, are you sure resolving artifacts directly from Maven repositories
> is compliant with Eclipse IP policy?

That’s not relevant for EBR. The EBR will just host the recipes (which are BND files and now some POMs). No binary artifacts will be distributed or consumed. Now for Orbit that’s different. But there we’ll likely not consume from Maven central but from an Eclipse.org Maven repo containing only IP approved/reviews artifacts.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx