[tycho-dev] Alternative to PlatformAdmin?

Hi all,

As far as I understood, Surefire osgibooter has a dependency on PlatformAdmin to provide some reports at startup about resolution of test bundle. However, this PlatformAdmin is not part of the Equinox framework any more and is now an optional fragment (which most tests don't include by default). http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/Luna_Framework#Removal_of_the_PlatformAdmin_Service_Implementation
It causes all tests based on Luna to log that they can't find a PlatformAdmin, which is not a blocking error in most cases. Most users I've seen meeting this message understand that as an error message and the cause of most of their problems.

Could this check be removed in Tycho? Or replaced by something else (which is backward compatible)?
Is the a bug already open to track this idea?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top