Re: [tycho-dev] tycho 0.18.1 ?

+1 for 0.18.1

Jeff

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Making a release compatible with Maven 3.1 (and Maven 3.0) ASAP sounds very important in order to avoid bad impressions/reports from some users because of the incompatibility.

As it seems that version 0.19.0-SNAPSHOT is not ready to be released (a lot of bugs are still open on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?list_id=6127616&classification=Technology&query_format=advanced&target_milestone=0.19.0&product=Tycho ), it makes sense to release a 0.18.1 instead of releasing 0.19.0 too early.
However, from a consumer POV, I don't care about changing version to either 0.18.1 or 0.19.0. That's the same effort, and more or less the same expectations: it will still work for my current project, and may provide some interesting improvements.

Overall, my vote is that if you want to release something immediately, a 0.18.1 is probably safer for quality and backward compatibility than releasing a 0.19.0 with additional changes.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat