[tycho-dev] Replacing BeanShell by Groovy

Hi Wayne,

There is this contribution pending for Tycho: https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/8060/
It's about replacing usage of BeanShell at build time by usage of Groovy. There is no technical issue, but we are not sure on how this has to be handled legally: We did not change the dependencies, just renamed some files to .groovy instead of .bsh, and maven-invoker-plguin automatically supports those files as well as .bsh files.
It seems to me that since we didn't add any new dependencies, it means that this does not require a new CQ: indeed Groovy was most probably accepted along with BeanShell when adding the CQ for maven-invoker-plugin while moving Tycho to Eclipse. Also, I'm not even sure on how Maven plugins are generally handled: should using a new Maven plugin always requires a CQ?

Thanks in advance for clarifying that.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat