Re: [tycho-dev] Latest published 0.16.0-SNAPSHOT provides a failing target-platform-validation-mojo

Are the HEADs in tycho and tycho-extras inconsistent, or just Tycho’s CI build results?

Regards

Tobias

From: tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mickael Istria
Sent: Donnerstag, 30. August 2012 09:35
To: Tycho developers list
Subject: [tycho-dev] Latest published 0.16.0-SNAPSHOT provides a failing target-platform-validation-mojo

Hi all,

Using the latest published snapshot from oss.sonatype.org for Tycho leads me to a failing target-platform-validation-mojo:
"
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:target-platform-validation-plugin:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:validate-target-platform (default) on project org.jboss.tools.target.platform: Execution default of goal org.eclipse.tycho.extras:target-platform-validation-plugin:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:validate-target-platform failed: A required class was missing while executing org.eclipse.tycho.extras:target-platform-validation-plugin:0.16.0-SNAPSHOT:validate-target-platform: org/eclipse/tycho/core/utils/ExecutionEnvironmentUtils
"
It has been that way for about a few day. I see the extras job spot this error on the 24th, and it got fixed on the 29th ( https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/tycho.extras-nightly/ ). So I guess the published SNAPSHOT contains the error that was the source of the failing build.
Would it be possible to publish a new SNAPSHOT that would actually work for this plugin too ?

Cheers,

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat