Re: [tycho-dev] mark gerrit change as merged

On 06/24/2012 11:24 PM, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
... and I am still not sure why we go though all this trouble with
gerrit, the value it provides for Tycho is small to no at all imho.
From my POV, I find that Gerrit makes contributing more complicated than it is with Bugzilla:
1. It requires additional configuration and understanding of Git and Gerrit. For non daily Git-users, this can be a real effort.
2. It is difficult to follow and participate to discussions across Gerrit and Bugzilla: I often don't know where a comment is the most relevant. Bugzilla or Gerrit? Tracking is more scattered.
3. And finally, patches have to go on Bugzilla for Eclipse IP process.

I am also doubtful about Gerrit at Eclipse. The lack of integration with Bugzilla and Eclipse IP process (which only support the concept of patches) make it require some extra-work for low added-value. I think it tends to slow-down contribution lifecycle and is a complicated step that may prevent some contributors from going further.

My 2c.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat