De : tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Dahanne, Anthony
Envoyé : 31 octobre 2011 17:21
À : Tycho user list
Objet : [tycho-user] integration tests, products and tycho

Hello all,
I want to run integration tests on a product; integration tests that would test installation and migration steps (using p2) inside a product.
So, I first explored the option of using tycho-surefire-plugin to run those tests; defining all the required dependencies (IUs), the required bundle start levels, and it almost worked; but something was missing : tycho surefire plugin does not create a p2 profile before launching the runtime... also, tycho hardcodes the use of the /target/work/data as its osgi.instance.area (-data)  so no way to tell tycho to use a valid osgi.instance.area (that would have been filled thanks to p2 touchpoint actions when installing the required IUs)

I think once, Jan, we talked about this, and you told me that I should rather explore the use of a product that would get built before I launch those integration tests : that would actually work since when Tycho creates a product, the p2 profile is created and the osgi.instance.area is populated as expected.

How could I do to tell tycho surefire plugin to start an existing product and interact with it : installing my integration tests and running them inside of this running product ?

The only option I can think of is writing in Java some code to run the product, install my tests inside of it, tell the runtime to start them, publish the test results in target/surefire, and finally stop the runtime.

What do you think about this ?

Regards,

Anthony Dahanne
Développeur logiciel / Software Developer
Compuware Montreal
75 Rue Queen, Suite 6500
Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 2N6
+1-514-798-8949

Le contenu de ce courriel s'adresse au destinataire seulement. Il contient de l'information pouvant être confidentielle. Vous ne devez ni le copier ni l'utiliser ni le divulguer à qui que ce soit à moins que vous soyez le destinataire ou une personne désignée autorisée. Si vous le receviez par erreur, veuillez nous aviser immédiatement et le détruire.