[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-dev] build failures with latest snapshot
- From: "Oberlies, Tobias" <tobias.oberlies@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 11:54:11 +0200
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Acxj9n3d6gaz2f5jSqKz3/Yjs1uc6gHussuw
- Thread-topic: [tycho-dev] build failures with latest snapshot
> -----Original Message-----
> From: tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tycho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> On Behalf Of Steffen Pingel
> Sent: 26 August 2011 15:42
> To: tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tycho-dev] build failures with latest snapshot
> Concerning the optional dependencies, is the Tycho behavior going to
> change again or do these now need to be marked as greedy in all
> manifests (assuming that's the cause of the problem)?
I think that optional dependencies should be on the class path (see bug 351842), but this won't be fixed for 0.13.0. So until now, you need a workaround.
Please don't make the optional dependencies greedy unless this is what you want when your users install your bundles. Should they really always get installed what is optionally required? If not, you should use the jars.extra.classpath workaround instead.