[tycho-dev] Need an overview of the tycho internals.

Hi devs,

In our build environment, we make bundles using felix bundle plugin. I
tried to migrate my build system to tycho based build, but found that
tycho is not supporting pom first approach (our whole build is based
on pom first approach).

Therefore I thought of writing my own build plugin to generate
p2-repositories and profiles (products). I think i can make use, some
of tychos components while doing so. AFAIK tycho has a equinox
launcher and it is used for invoke p2-director application and tests.

Then again, tycho has a p2.tools bundle.

*AFAIK, when we are provisioning external platform, you got to have
the minimum osgi runtime with you. How tycho get this minimal runtime
?
* how org.eclipse.tycho.p2.tools.impl get deployed in this env ?

What i need is a small overview. I have already looked in to the code.
But still struggling to grab that big picture. Any pointers
suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance

--
Pradeep Fernando.