[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tycho-dev] [discuss] tycho repository layout and metadata format
- From: "Sievers, Jan" <jan.sievers@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 16:39:54 +0200
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Acceptlanguage: en-US, de-DE
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AcwgZOb5KeFvAtrSS3m4EeZ0Xo7DEAABEceg
- Thread-topic: [tycho-dev] [discuss] tycho repository layout and metadata format
>Heh. This was exactly my plan when I started to integrate p2 into tycho
>few years back. I actually had working prototype that took top-level
>features, calculated resolved dependency set and reported on loose IUs.
>There was also a way to provide additional resolution constrains to
>further lock down the resolution. I think this is the right approach,
>but as I mentioned earlier, I am not positive this is possible to
>implement in p2 3.6+.
Hmm. I am not sure myself but Tobias told me this is related to slicer mode.
What I understood is that in planner mode you can get those "dangling" requirements (required but not included, and thus possibly with version ranges),
whereas in slicer mode you only get the (transitively) included bundles, and these always have perfect version matches.
Maybe Tobias can comment?