[tractusx-dev] [Open Discussion]: Which is the best VS Code license header plugin?

Hi developers,

We are running into an issue since some time with our VS Code header licenser plugin:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ymotongpoo.licenser

It limits use when including the license header required to be in Tractus-X, because it does not allow us to have the Apache 2.0 License description and the SPDX-License-Identifier field at the same time.

When we develop backend components we use Intelij and the header licenser is integrated in the IDE.

However the problem comes when we use VS Code to develop the frontend (since is the recommended IDE to multiple language development).

Last time we needed to update all the headers manually since the plugin had this limitation and now we run into issues because we need to add manually every time (which is time consuming…)

Our frontend developers are familiar with VS Code and want to integrate a header license plugin that create the necessary headers for Tractus-X Releases.

I create this open discussion then, which is the best VS Code license header plugin?

Thank you for your help in advance,

Best Regards

cid:image002.png@01D909A0.48F42F00

Mathias Brunkow Moser | Software Engineer Consultant

Industry 4.0 & IoT | CGI Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Leitzstraße, 45 | 70467 Stuttgart, Germany

mathias.brunkowmoser@xxxxxxx | www.cgi.com/de/de

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any reason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify the sender by reply e-mail.

Back to the top