[tracecompass-dev] Viewing BTF traces

This is a little how to for reading BTF traces in Trace Compass.

The first thing to do is import the trace. This can be done by clicking File -> Open Trace... and selecting the btf trace, ending in the '.btf' extension

After that, you should see a textual view of the trace. It shows all the information, but it is not very descriptive.

If you expand views, in the "BTF Analyses" section, you will see a 'BTF View'. Click on it and you will be greeted by the following view.

Navigate around with your mouse or using W - A - S -D navigation. Ctrl-D annotates the selected time range.

That's all there's to it, hope it helps embedded friends!

BR

Matthew Khouzam
Software Developer

ps. if you want more of these, don't hesitate to ask, they are easy to make, but if I don't get feedback, I won't do this. 🙂

Back to the top