From: tracecompass-dev <tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of tracecompass developer discussions <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 5:07 AM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [tracecompass-dev] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

hi,

I am re-sending this message. I got initially a delivery failure notification

Hi Matthew,

I am glad to hear that,

yes, you are touching one very interesting feature to develop, namely extending the MI interface of GDB to cover exchanging branch tracing. to get the traces in a binary format and save text parsing and processing.

for the time being, and as a first step, I was wondering if It is possible to do a proof of concept. so that I can present the feature and get traction from the community.

FYI: I am extending gdb to support btraces using ARM etm, and the results are very promising so far.

Kind regards

/Zied