[tracecompass-dev] Adding 'rank' column to traces

Hi,

I am interested in having a 'Rank' column to show the equivalent of line numbers in a trace log e.g. so that while collaborating with other developers we can just refer to "line 300" or similar, instead of timestamps. The bookmarks view already shows rank, but I do not see a way to view the rank in the log itself.

If this feature doesn't yet exist, is there a way to submit such feature requests?

Additionally, if you have any pointers for implementing this feature I could take a look at it and see if it is feasible to attempt it myself. In particular I am interested in having this for LTTng logs and am not sure if special requirements are needed for other types of logs.

Best,
Zach

Back to the top