Re: [tracecompass-dev] Building TC from source - configuration recommendations?

We now succeeded with the Windows build and here is what we did (i.e. what worked for us):

1) Installed the Eclipse IDE for Committers v4.9.
2) Imported the TC source project from git.
3) Set v4.2.0 as the API baseline in Eclipse.
4) Installed "SWT Chart" and "JSON for Java" from the Orbit v2018-9 component (Eclipse external update site).
5) Installed "SWT Tools".
6) Installed "Remote Services".
7) Installed "C/C++ development tools".
8) Installed "Xtext".
9) Installed "Performance, profiling and tracing tool".

Regarding step (9) we initially had a discrepancy between Linux and Windows host because of the OProfile component which works for Linux but not for Windows.

The above left us with zero build errors and about 430 warnings (not sure if that's a good score).

I am not sure about the "target platform" setting either. Although it's recommended in the TC wiki and it has not been explicitly set everything seems to work.

Best Regards,
Rudolf