Re: [tracecompass-dev] ftrace & xenomai

Matthew is on vacation for this week.

Please Genevieve could you confirm this can help?

Geneviève is away as well.

My question rather is related to the "Control Flow"-Analysis for the

Linux Kernel. In order to also provide that analysis for xenomai-threads
the events created by xenomai need to be handled correctly.
Indeed, the Control Flow View is based on the state of threads. When the trace is read, specific events (Linux scheduling events) are recognized as changing the state of the threads. This is achieved in the "state provider" which can be defined either with Java code or with a declarative XML file.
So, to be more precise, my question is: Is the "Control Flow"-Analysis
for the Linux Kernel able to handle also xenomai-threads?
You need to define how the related Xenomai events change the threads state. You also ideally need to insure that Xenomai threads creation and deletion are handled properly.

This is described in the Data Driven Analysis section of the manual, (defining XML components, defining an XML state provider...).

Ciao
Fabian