[tracecompass-dev] uuid of the trace clock

Dear tracecompassers.
I have a question regarding the uuid of the trace-clock (in the metadata). I only did a very quick research of the following, so please correct me if I'm wrong. However, it is my understanding that Lttng takes the boot_id (in /proc/sys/kernel/random) as the uuid of the clock. Since Lttng uses the CLOCK_MONOTONIC this makes sense, as every combination of the monotonic timestamp and the boot_id creates a unique timestamp. If I now have a tracing project with multiple traces from different boot-ups, I would like to identify traces that belong together (for creating an experiment). Uuid-wise; hence, from the same bootup and timestamp-wise; meaning overlapping traces). Is there a quick way to do this?

Best regards,
Chris

Back to the top