Re: [tracecompass-dev] FileDialogs and SWTBot

Are there any tests that we worked around this issue that could use the new class you added? It would be good as a proof of concept and example.

From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Matthew Khouzam <matthew.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 3, 2016 4:42:01 PM
To: tracecompass developer discussions
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] FileDialogs and SWTBot

Hi all,

I am proposing a patch to bypass our native dialog dependency. If this
is useful for us, I would like to make an effort to share it with the
eclipse community.

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/82398/2

Replaces the new FileDialog with a FileDialogFactory. This will then be
used to make filedialogs, it supplies and override function that makes
the next file dialog created be a "Test" file dialog. This will return
the value of the String when run.

Please be mean and vicious, I want to ferret out corner cases.

This would be an interesting step towards getting much better UI test
coverage. (Stubbing out the obstacles).

Thanks,

Matthew