Re: [tracecompass-dev] Getting started with plugin development using Trace Compass

Never mind

My plugin uses a target definition file which I failed to update. Once I updated it, the plugins and extension points are found.

Dave

Inactive hide details for David Wootton---06/07/2016 11:27:21 AM---Hi I am investigating adding the capability to load and viewDavid Wootton---06/07/2016 11:27:21 AM---Hi I am investigating adding the capability to load and view a trace file in

From: David Wootton/Poughkeepsie/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 06/07/2016 11:27 AM
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] Getting started with plugin development using Trace Compass
Sent by: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi
I am investigating adding the capability to load and view a trace file in my existing plugin using Trace Compass and I am having trouble getting started.

I set up an Eclipse development environment on my Windows 7 64 bit system using the Eclipse for Committers Neon RC3 image plus some other plugins I needed. Once I got that set up I tried installing the Trace Compass 2.0 plugins using the update site
http://download.eclipse.org/tracecompass/master/repository

It looked like the best choices to install were the LTTng Kernel Analysis and LTTng Kernnel Analysis Resources plugins, which I installed and restarted Eclipse.

Once I restarted Eclipse I attempted to add Trace Compass plugins as dependencies (org.eclipse.tracecompass.tmf.core) in my plugin's using the dependencies tab of the plugin.xml editor page. The problem I'm running into is that when I attempt to add the dependency, nothing from Trace Compass appears in the list I get when I click the Add button, not under org.eclipse.linuxtools or org.eclipse.tracecompass even though there are org.eclipse.tracecompass.tmf.core plugins in the plugins directory of my Eclipse installation.

I've done this before with other plugin dependencies without problems, so I'm apparently just missing some step, but don't know what.

I also realize Neon RC3 is a development build which could have problems, but I'm using it to try and get started sooner with the work I'm doing.

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks

Dave