Re: [tracecompass-dev] Hello

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your feedback. I have indeed noticed that different
matching lines can define different fields. That helps a bit but
unfortunately, the table view will grow huge if you need to extract
different information from many different events...
On the other hand, it looks like writing your own "real" parsers is
not that difficult and maybe a more suitable way to go.
Anyway: I think it would help a lot if different root lines could
generate different event types or different parsers could on the other
hand generate the same event types. I'll have a look at the code and
see if I can make a proposal for e change. But first, I'll continue to
work on my first own parser.
Regarding the null-pointer safety warnings, I have meanwhile read
about some of the limitations that lead to many false warnings: the
compiler should know that AnyObject.class is NonNull e.g. But I think,
I've also see a couple of warnings that seem to make sense.
I'll check if I see some that could or should be fixed.
Best regards,
  Florian.

Back to the top