Re: [tracecompass-dev] Polytechnique Plan for Neon

On 16-03-24 09:56 AM, Geneviève Bastien wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> With Neon coming soon, here's the list of things we, at Poly, will be
> working on until then and hope to have in time. Just let us know if you
> [plan to] do work on it first:
>
> * New features *
> - Input/Output Analysis: Analyses disk requests and file read/write per
> process. A first part should be available for Neon, along with 1 or 2
> views (Disk Usage, and Disk Requests). This feature will be presented in
> details in another mail.
This may have some overlap with what I am working on.
Right now I am aiming to improve the memory performance of segment
stores. The path chosen at this moment is to put everything in the state
system. The technologies involved are:

* Pooled attributes
* Custom interval types
* Adding "getNbIntervals" to the state system? (allowing streaming
* A state system wrapped segment store

Please tell me if these are no-gos.