[tracecompass-dev] Profiling trace compass... AKA visualVM is broken

So many of you may know, visualvm (v1.3.8) breaks spectacularly with
lambdas. This is an issue for people that want to profile their plug-ins.

The easy solution is to use a commercial profiler like yourkit or
jprofiler. They are actually quite good, but alas, they are not super
accessible to people on student budgets, an alternative I found is the
netbeans profiler. It actually works quite well.

You can try it out here. https://netbeans.org/

Yes, I never thought I would be plugging netbeans on an eclipse plug-in
mailing list. I'm just plugging the profiler until a product of similar
quality arrives on the eclipse side.

Back to the top