Re: [tracecompass-dev] Using apache.commons.lang3

Makes sense to reuse code whenever we can. I'm not against adding the dependency if it's useful (it's easy to add dependencies with Maven!). I'm just a little worried that we might start using Guava Strings.* sometimes and Apache StringUtils.* other times for the same functionality.

On 2015-08-19 05:30 PM, Marc-André Laperle wrote:
Pair was just an example, but still it would be better to reuse an implementation like Apache's than maintaining our own. I wanted to use ExceptionUtils.getStackTrace() for better error dialogs and JUnit failures. This is not in Guava. We have an implementation in AbstractTracePackageWizardPage that I can put in common.core if we want. But that adds it to the list of things we could replace with Apache's implementation.

Marc-Andre