[tracecompass-dev] How to: Numeric relational operators in filters

I've been evaluating trace compass for analyzing traces from a transactional system. I was impressed with how easy it was to setup without writing any code for the text parser etc. Next step is to knock-up a State Provider, which looks simple enough using XML.

One thing that looks like it may be an issue for us it that filters only seem to work with text data. Our trace data includes several times (suspend, elapsed, CPU) etc in the format sss.ssssss. We would like to be able to create a filter to only include transactions that our exceptional by using a numeric relational operator like ELAPSED > 4.00000. Is this at all possible in the current framework? If not then is it a lot of work to modify the filter code to support greater_than, less_than and other relational operators?

Regards,
David Crayford

Back to the top