Right now we don't have this requirement of supporting older Eclipse versions at my company. In most cases users use the Trace Compass standalone application (RCP) or are ok with upgrading to Mars.

Best Regards
Bernd

On 05/06/2015 09:45 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Now that I'm on the list...

If you have a product that needs to run on 4.4, then you are free to fork o.e.remote and make it work for you.

For the rest of us, we'll get the benefit of the new feature that uses it.

Doug.

From: cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed May 06 2015 21:37:13 GMT-0400 (EDT)
To: Oberhuber Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tracecompass developer discussions <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass now requires Eclipse 4.5

Nope. o.e.remote 2.0 uses new APIs in Eclipse 4.5.

Doug.

___________________​____________________​____________________​ _____________
From: Oberhuber, Martin <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed May 06 2015 21:25:51 GMT-0400 (EDT)
To: tracecompass developer discussions <tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Doug Schaefer (cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx) <cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>, Greg Watson (g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx) <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Adding Greg and Doug as the org.eclipse.remote 2.0 representatives:

I haven't checked the exact details, but I do think that org.eclipse.remote 2.0 should be able to run on Eclipse 4.4 or even older because it has minimal dependencies. And if it can't today, I think that would be desirable -- I like Eclipse 4.5 and I'm convinced it's the best Eclipse ever, but we shouldn't break people unnecessarily if they feel like they have to stick to Luna SR2 (or older) for some reason.

For example, I've heard of some commercial products which won't update to Mars in quite some time (a ClearCase adapter was cited as one such example by our customers). It would be desirable to be able and install Trace Compass + org.eclipse.remote 2.0 into those products which have to stick to Luna or even Kepler as the base Platform.

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner - Development Tools, Wind River direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6