[tracecompass-dev] Ideas for X-axis aligment

Hi,

I would like to share with you some ideas on how to achieve X-axis alignment for the views in Trace Compass. The goal is to have a set of views that are aligned on the same (common) X-axis (timeline). I have looked at how other products achieve this X-axis alignment in their time-based views and wrote some observations. From those, I came up with some proposals on how we could achieve something similar in Trace Compass. I have made some basic mock-ups to illustrate the ideas and included a preview of which tasks would necessary. Some of you already gave some great input on how this could be done, thank you! Comments are appreciated!

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/Design_Documents/Aligned_x_axis

Marc-Andre

Back to the top