Re: [tptp-news] Please help - Test log viewer

[Redirecting to the Test Project mailing list]

Hi Adrian,
The source code for the Test Log Viewer view is /org.eclipse.hyades.test.ui/src/org/eclipse/hyades/test/ui/forms/editor/TestLogViewer.java. The two pages (or tabs) are in the /org.eclipse.hyades.test.ui/src/org/eclipse/hyades/test/ui/forms/editor/page package.

You can output execution events (see various events in the org.eclipse.hyades.test.common.event package of the org.eclipse.hyades.test.tools.core plug-in) from your test class using /org.eclipse.hyades.test.tools.core/src-common-runner/org/eclipse/hyades/test/common/agent/PrimaryTestAgent.java or though the logEvent(ExecutionEvent) method or from your own test runner.

Currently, there is no extendibility mechanism for providing a customer renderer and handler for the “Text” textbox for an event. If you want to provide this function (e.g. a link to the file (and line number) of the function used), you would have refactor the messageText field of the /org.eclipse.hyades.test.ui/src/org/eclipse/hyades/test/ui/forms/base/ExecutionEventDetailsPart.java, which is referenced by /org.eclipse.hyades.test.ui/src/org/eclipse/hyades/test/ui/forms/base/VerdictEventDetailsPart.java.

PS
__________________________

Paul Slauenwhite
IBM Toronto Lab, Canada

Internet: paules@xxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: (905) 413-3861
Tie Line: 313-3861
__________________________

Inactive hide details for "Pascalin Adrian Daniel" <adpascalin@xxxxxxxxx>"Pascalin Adrian Daniel" <adpascalin@xxxxxxxxx>

          "Pascalin Adrian Daniel" <adpascalin@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: tptp-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          09/01/2009 08:48 AM

          Please respond to
          "Proactive notifications about TPTP milestones and noteworthy information \(for consumers that don&amp; #8217; t need all of the project development details\)" <tptp-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<tptp-news@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[tptp-news] Please help - Test log viewer

Hello,
And a Happy new year!
I want to know where can I find the source code for the Test Log Viewer.
Also, would it be possible to output in an execution file without the use of System.out or log4j/other logger?
I’m more interested specifically in a way to have - in the “Text” textbox for a step - a link to the file (and line number) of the function used.
Something that is present for stack trace, when an error occurs.
I was doing some browsing of the CVS repository and also some search and I wasn’t able to find the place look into for this details.

Thanks in advance,
tptp-news mailing list
tptp-news@xxxxxxxxxxx