|[tools-pmc] PMC approval for composer usage in PDT|
Hi Tools PMC,
PDT Team wants introduce support for composer  . In short, it’s very popular dependency manager dedicated for PHP, similar to bower / maven.
During CQ process for community plugin integration  IP Team suggest us to ask PMC for approve, and to create workswitch CQ if needed.
Regarding to guidelines  I’m not sure if it’s works-with or prerequisite dependncy, so please help:
1. We don’t redistribute composer.phar file (btw to run composer.phar, PHP command is also required)
2. We provide settings page/wizard to select tool form file system, or to download it (globally or per project).
3. We need such tool to run some command like update / install
4. Without composer.phar install, PDT will be still functional (composer.json editor, php editor etc…), except methods that require it.
 - https://getcomposer.org/ - https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=11669
 - https://eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf
Back to the top