Re: [tools-pmc] PMC Approval for Oomph 1.4.0

Am 24.05.2016 um 13:39 schrieb David M Williams:
+1
Thanks!

But no new and noteworthy URL?
We plan to provide one very soon.

Especially these two items appear to be worth broadcasting widely!

Support for roaming (movable) installations (bug 485476).
Support for shared (read-only) installations (bug 469837).

I will admit I am a little concerned about

   Support for specifying dropin directories

That seems to be asking for trouble. :) But, I am biased due to my own bad experience in get "updates" to work when things are in 'dropins'.  No need to explain here. I am  sure you know what you are doing (and I did not actually read the bug, just the headline).
These dropin directories are only supported for our modular target platforms (aka Targlets). They're very similar to PDE's target location type "Directory".

Thanks very much. I think Oomph is not only cool, but becoming "industrial strength" with the support for for roaming and shared installs!
Thanks for the kudos. We're giving our best ;-)

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de