Re: [tools-pmc] [CQ 8772] Cygwin- as "works with" exception to full IP review

On 07/10/2014 2:14 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
I am not a lawyer, but I've never been comfortable building anything on Cygwin. If Titan ends up being consumed by a commercial product it would GPL that product, in my not a lawyer opinion.

As I understand it, the main compiler chain will be MinGW, and this is just an optional, works-with dependency.

Assuming that understanding is correct, this feels okay to me.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top