From: Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM
To: Discussions about the IDE <ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: SWT Port to JavaFX

Hey gang,

A group of us have been discussing porting SWT to JavaFX for some time now. We see it as a stepping stone towards having a pure JavaFX UI for the Eclipse IDE. If you haven’t seen JavaFX yet, it’s a very rich framework and Eclipse can definitely benefit from it.

If you’d like to join the discussion and maybe help out, I have set up a Google group where we can start. My first message there gives an idea of what we’re trying to accomplish. But make no mistake, the main objective is to contribute it back to Eclipse and make it a proper SWT port so we can do proper Eclipse IDE builds with it. Join here:

Cheers,
Doug.

Back to the top