Re: [tools-pmc] Xtend2

On Dec 15, 2011, at 5:22 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:

> The scope needs to explicitly include the word "Xtend"; I think it's implied by the text, but it really needs to be explicit.
>
> The Community section reads like, "we're going to let the community watch us do cool stuff". At least that's my take away. Put another way, it seems that you're only targeting the user community and are ignoring the adopter and developer communities. I think you've got the "transparent" part going, but you need to include a little more "open". There needs to be more about inviting and accepting participation. How will the new project encourage participation of the three communities?
>
> I don't buy your statement that "I personally don't have any expectations regarding community growth." That statement is at odds with your goal to "make Xtend a language/tool which is helpful and enjoyable to use." ;-)

Maybe it's just my english, but I don't understand how these statements are conflicting. I tried to say that the main focus is be to make a great open-source product and that adoption and community growth follows.

Anyway, I will update the sections according to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Sven

Back to the top