[tools-pmc] Tycho project proposal

Greetings Tools PMC.

I have received a proposal for the Tycho project.

--
Tycho is a set of Maven plugins and extensions for building Eclipse plugins and OSGi bundles with Maven. Eclipse plugins and OSGi bundles have their own metadata for expressing dependencies, source folder locations, etc. that are normally found in a Maven POM. Tycho uses native metadata for Eclipse plugins and OSGi bundles and uses the POM to configure and drive the build. Tycho supports bundles, fragments, features, update site projects and RCP applications. Tycho also knows how to run JUnit test plugins using OSGi runtime and there is also support for sharing build results using Maven artifact repositories.
--

Please let me know if there are any show-stopper issues. In the absence of any show-stoppers, I'd like to open the forum and present this to the community; more detailed discussion of the proposal can occur on that forum.

Thanks,

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton, The Eclipse Foundation