RE: [tools-pmc] Openning to new members

Regular meetings could be a good idea if enough people are willing to attend.  I would be.  My one concern is that I find myself more frequently needing to coordinate with Europa/Ganymede/EPP then with other Tools projects.  The coordinated release and packagings give us user and adopter driven reasons to coordinate.  For example, Mylyn is more likely to need to need to coordinate with CDT if the CDT packaging starts including the Task List, but without that driver I think that we only need to coordinate on an administrative level?  If that’s the case maybe once every two months would be frequent enough for a Tools call, and would leave enough room in our schedules some kind of coordinated release coordination call?

Mik

From: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:33 AM
To: 'Tools PMC mailing list'
Subject: [tools-pmc] Openning to new members

Hey gang,

This is something I thought of for a while and something I think we talked about before and something Ed Merks brought up today at the Architecture Council call and now is probably the time to act given the increased activity in the Tools Project.

I’d like us to consider opening up the PMC membership to all of the project leads for the Tools sub-projects and then start up monthly conference calls to discuss issues that affect us as a group. Working as a group I think we can help each other out more affectively and help bring us all closer to the greater Eclipse community. It would certainly help me understand better what each of the projects are up to.

Thoughts?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems