Re: [tools-pmc] VE incubator - FOCUS

Seems like there are two options that would allow parallel ip and
satisfy the issues of governance. Given that it is perfectly legal to
have:

  Top-Level Project > (Sub)Project > Component(s)

The options I see are:

a) Tools > Tools Incubator Project > VE Incubator Component

(whole Tools Incubator project is incubating w/ the egg and such, and
includes one or more components a la Modeling.EMFT)

b) Tools > VE Project > VE Incubator Component(s)

(VE splits into components -- a "Core" component for the current
stuff, and one or more incubator components to allow contributions to
be segregated (in terms of IP cleanliness and also
committership/access).)

I'd suggest (b) as it would require minimal watchdoggin by the Tools
PMCs; it would however, imply that Philippe is the Tools.VE PMC, in
the same way that Modeling has its PMCs and Modeling.MDT has its PMC
too.

Provided that this promotion of status is acceptable, that seems the
best approach IMHO.

If it is not, then (a) becomes preferrable but it will require more
hands-on contact from the newly minted Tools Incubator Project PMC(s).
Who those person(s) might be is another issue. ;-)

$0.02,

Nick