RE: [tools-pmc] Fw: Reviving the Visual Editor project

Doug,

Yes, you can see that he's on an earlier note in the chain, but there's
been no response.  I can only assume that folks are too busy on other
things to answer their notes.  There seems to be a fair bit of interest in
VE from the community given the newsgroup traffic, but that just doesn't
equate to a desire actually contribute to it.

I don't know anything about NAB, but it's an interesting question...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             Doug Schaefer
             <DSchaefer@xxxxxx
             Sent by:                  Tools PMC mailing list
             tools-pmc-bounces         <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             @eclipse.org                                               cc
                                       Bjorn Freeman-Benson
                                       <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
             09/13/2007 09:59          "'Chris Aniszczyk'"
             AM                        <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>, Michael
                                       Thonhauser
                                       <michael.thonhauser@xxxxxxxxx>,
             Please respond to         "'Gaff,    Doug'"
             Tools PMC mailing         <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Philippe
                   list                Ombredanne <pombredanne@xxxxxxxx>,
             <tools-pmc@eclips         Erik Hecht <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
                  e.org>                                           Subject
                                       RE: [tools-pmc] Fw: Reviving the
                                       Visual Editor project

I assume Joe Winchester is still the project lead. Has he been contacted
about this?

Aside from making sure everyone is in the loop. I?m all for new blood on
VE. Although the lack of interest from the community in VE has me worried
that it may not be the right solution for the problem.

I also wonder if there is any synergy to be had between VE and NAB (Native
Application Builder). NAB is more for native GUIs, but it would be
interesting to see if that could be expanded to include SWT and Swing. Just
a thought?

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems