RE: [tools-pmc] Ideas for multi-language panel

Agreed

The Zend Studio 5.5 product IDE (not yet based on Eclipse AFAIK) has Java integration (including Java code assist) from within PHP code so they would also have insight on how this kind of thing should/could  be supported in Eclipse.

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/29/2007 01:38 PM

Please respond to
Tools PMC mailing list <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
RE: [tools-pmc] Ideas for multi-language panel

And wouldn't PHP DT be an obvious choice as well?

Re: [tools-pmc] Ideas for multi-language panel

The Dynamic Languages Toolkit guys are a good candidate - http://www.eclipse.org/dltk  ... There is a DLTK talk so there will be a representative there from the team.

Also, in terms of practical experience in tooling for multi-language, the WTP people also have the requirement  to support- Html, and java (jsp), and html and other (_javascript_, php etc).

Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: tools-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/29/2007 11:58 AM

Please respond to
Tools PMC mailing list <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[tools-pmc] Ideas for multi-language panel

Hey guys,

Do you have any ideas for people that would be interested in participating in the multi-language panel. I have Michael Scharf from Wind River lined up and have feelers out on the Fortran crowd. I’ll probably get a representative from the CDT, either myself or another. I’d like to get someone from dynamic languages and maybe JDT as well.

The format I’m thinking is going over 5, give or take, areas that programming language integrations need to consider to be peers of plug-ins such as CDT or JDT and what the panelists think they need or have to get there and whether there would be synergy in working together.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC Member