From:        "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        TM project developer discussions <tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        01/24/2013 01:50 AM
Subject:        Re: [tm-dev] timing of tm hudson build jobs
Sent by:        tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

No objections other than consuming build server resources unnecessarily is not friendly to other projects.

There are some Eclipse projects which schedule builds very frequently (WTP if I’m not mistaken) and others which do that not so frequently (CDT schedules once every 24 hours only AFAIK).

Personally, I think that the TM project does not have very many committers so a lower frequency should be OK.
Anybody can schedule builds on demand through the Hudson UI.
And for checkin verification purpose, the Gerrit verification job that Anna set up provides better service IMO than a frequent git poll of the main job.

Perhaps we just need some education on Gerrit ?

In my understanding, when you push to Gerrit the verification job will build it on its next convenience; you will receive E-Mail when the verification build is done, then you can review in the web UI and push to master with a single buttonclick. For the records, all egit committers use Gerrit exclusively (there’s actually some projects which have introduced a HARD lock to not commit to master directly but only through Gerrit).
Anna could you give us more details on the verification job ?

Thanks,
Martin
--
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Architect – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6